10 Ways to Reduce Dark Spots on the Face Naturally
Published By wameyo on 2012-05-21 17923 Views
Dark spots on the face make are often unsightly and many people with dark spots often try to conceal them with makeup, which is a ritual that has to be done everyday. For those who wish to reduce dark spots on their faces naturally then you will be glad to discover that nature has several solutions that can help in eliminating dark spots.
Causes of dark Spots
Dark spots on the face can be caused by the following factors:
• Liver diseases
• Exposure to the sun for longer periods
• Improper skin care
• Hereditary factors
• Insect bites
• Cigarrete smoking
How to reduce dark spots on the face
1. Aloe Vera gel: Apply natural aloe Vera gel on the dark spots before you go to bed and rinse in the morning. You can naturally obtain aloe Vera juice by cutting the leaf into smaller parts and extract the juice that comes out.
2. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice contains citric acid that helps in lightening dark skin. Lemon juice can be extracted by cutting a lemon into two and squeezing the juice into a clean container that has a sieve on. You can then apply a few drops of the lemon juice to the dark spots and leave the lemon for about 15 minutes before washing off.
3. Olive oil: Apply natural olive oil to the dark spots before going to bed and rinse off in the morning. Do this everyday till the dark spots fade away.
4. Wear sunscreen: The sun is a major cause of dark spots on the face and these spots are commonly known as age spots. Remember to lather on sunscreen on your skin before going out and also remember to wear protective clothing like a hat or a cap that will prevent the sunrays from reaching your delicate skin.
5. Sour milk: Sour milk contains lactic acid that has been known to reduce black spots on the face. Apply a few drops of sour milk on the face and let it stay on the face for about 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat this everyday for effective results.
6. Onion and honey mixture: Cut an onion into small pieces and then mix the onions with honey. Apply this mixture on the dark spots and rinse after a couple of minutes
7. Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter is a well known natural ingredient that helps in fading scars. Apply cocoa butter on your face everyday for effective results
8. Lemon juice with honey: A combination of lemon juice and honey works wonders in reducing dark spots on the face naturally. Apply this mixture on your face daily for best results.
9. Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a very effective remedy against dark skin spots. Apply vitamin E on the dark spots before you go sleep and leave it to stay overnight.
10. Cucumber juice with lemon: Mix cucumbers juice with lemon and apply the mixture on the dark spots then rinse off after a couple of minutes. Repeat this procedure as often as possible for good results.
These are some of the ways to reduce dark spots on the face naturally but remember their effectiveness will at times depend on the age of the spots. Dark spots that are more than a year old usually take a longer time to fade as opposed to newer spots.
Related posts: http://expertscolumn.com/content/benefits-cocoa-butter-face-good-looking-skin